As you know we have a dilemma each year scheduling our Hamfest around other dates in the spring particularly Holy Week and Easter, so we have projected out for the next 10 years when Easter was and then consequently when we would schedule our hamfest. Here it is. Get our your calendars out and add these dates! If you want to see how we came up with these dates you can check out the Hamfest version of our newsletter here.
The DStar repeater has been repaired. Please let us know if you have any trouble using it.
Please note that this week (Feb 10, 2019) we have discovered problems with the computer attached to the D-Star Repeater. Work is underway. We’ll report back when the problem has been solved.
We hope to resume publishing a MARA Newsletter in this new year. If you’d like to join us for the newsletters and keep up to date on what’s going on with the Repeater Association you can subscribe at the link below. Don’t worry about getting overloaded with email, at this time we don’t expect to publish more than 6 times a year, perhaps more if there is some late breaking news! You don’t need to be a member to subscribe. Join us today.
Jeff, KC9UNZ gave a WIRES-X presentation at the November 12, membership meeting of the Madison Area Repeater Association. For those interested you can find a pdf of his slide deck here.
Here is the Treasurer’s Report from the September 10, 2018 meeting.
Click here for the Report
On going news items will be published here.
When we have public services events that are sponsored by organizations in the Madison Area, particularly those using one of our repeaters we will post that information here.
- FREQUENCY – 145.3050 -0.6000
- XMTR & RCVR –
- CONTROLLER –
- RF AMP –
- POWER SUPPLY –
- ANTENNA – Celwave Super Station Master, 5db gain
- DUPLEXER – Wacom 6 can 300 watt
- LOCATION – WMTV, TV channel 15 (west side of Madison)
- HEIGHT – 750 ft. (1800ft. MSL)
- ERP –
- ACCESS –
- TIMER –
- PLACED IN SERVICE –
- Repeater Status: w9hsy.dstargateway.org/
To program your radio for use on this repeater:
- Set your radio to DV (Digital Voice) mode
- Program the “MYCALL” callsign with your call, and use spaces to fill all 8 characters. For example, WJ9H would need 4 spaces after the H to fill all 8 characters.
- Program “URCALL” to “CQCQCQ” plus 2 spaces for a total of 8 characters.
- Program “RPT1” as “W9HSY__C”. That’s “W9HSY” followed by 2 spaces, then “C”. The “C” signifies the 2 meter port on the repeater stack.
- Program “RPT2” as “W9HSY__G”. Use the same spacing as above, but the “G” specifies the internet gateway.
- Set your receive frequency to 145.305 MHz, and the offset to -600 kHz. There is no PL tone to set in digital voice mode.
- Save these settings in a memory location.
- You do not need to be a member of MARA to use the D-Star repeater. However, only registered users are allowed to use the internet gateway to speak to users on other repeaters or reflectors. If you are not registered, your transmissions will only be heard locally on the repeater output.
- To set up a link to the “Wisconsin Reflector”, otherwise known as Reflector 19B, use the same settings as above, but change the URCALL to “REF019BL”. Save these settings in another memory location.
- Also set up a memory location to turn off the link, which is a URCALL setting of “_______U”
(7 spaces plus “U”).
- To turn on the link to Reflector 19B, choose your link memory channel set up in step 8 and key up the repeater. The system should reply “Remote system linked.” Recall your standard memory channel with URCALL set to CQCQCQ to talk normally.
- To unlink the W9HSY repeater from the Reflector, choose your “unlink” memory channel set up in step 9 and briefly key up. The system should reply “Remote system unlinked.”
The Wisconsin D-Star net is held every Sunday night at 9:00 PM Central Time and Wednesday night at 7:00 PM Central Time on REF019B.